Why are you running online sessions?
Following government guidelines, we have temporarily closed the studio and created a new online timetable to support anyone who’d like to stay active. You’ll find a range of online classes for clients of all levels including Pilates, yoga, cardio and 1:1 sessions.
What’s on the timetable?
Most of the studio classes you usually attend are now running at a different time, so take a look at the new timetable here. If there is a high demand for other timeslots once we’re up and running, we will continue to add new classes.
How will the classes work?
Everyone taking part will login online to their phone, tablet or laptop a few minutes before the start of the class. Leave yourself plenty of time before your first class if you need to download the Zoom software (you only need to do this once).
There will be a short introduction to the session from your instructor and then they will start the class.
Who will run the classes?
All sessions will be led by your current instructors:
* Pilates: Slim Tlili, Judy Bunney, Helen Jackman, Sue Wellham, Marta Spencer
* Yoga: Nate Thomas
* Cardio: Maria Fenn
Please note: Slim Tlili and Judy Bunny are trained physios so have offered their services to the NHS if the crisis worsens. They are waiting for confirmation on hours and locations, hence why they are both only running a small number of classes each.
What equipment will I need?
Every class ideally requires an exercise mat but if you don’t have one available, a large towel can be used instead.
The only exception to this is Marta’s Pilates class on Tuesday at 2.30pm which requires a stable chair. A kitchen or office chair (without wheels) would be suitable.
How much are the classes?
Every group exercise class costs £7.50 per session or you can save when you buy a block of 10 sessions for £70.
1:1 is £35 per half hour session.
Please book your class first and then pay for it afterwards using online banking to transfer the money into The Core account.
How do payments work?
All payments need to be made using online banking to transfer the money into our account. We’d ask that you do this straight after booking a class. The details are as follows:
Name: The Core
Sort code: 20-92-54
Account number: 13472493
Reference: Please see below
What reference do I use when making an online payment?
Please use your own name and the following reference numbers / letters when you make online payment to our account: e.g.
Joe Blogs 1 (when paying for 1 class session)
Joe Blogs 10 (when paying for a block booking of 10 class sessions)
Joe Blogs 121 (when paying for a 1:1 session)
Joe Blogs D (If you’d like to make a donation towards running costs)
Will I get my money refunded if I need to cancel last minute?
Although the team has always been flexible around not taking payments for last minute cancellations, unfortunately we’re unable to do this with online classes. Any sessions booked and paid for in advance will not be able to be refunded if cancelled.
What if I’ve already paid in advance for blocks of 5 or 10 studio sessions?
We would kindly ask those clients who paid for this before the studio closed and have credits remaining, not to ask for a refund if possible. Those credits will be still active when we reopen the studio again.
Why have you mentioned donations?
Unfortunately, our insurance has refused to accept any claim of business interruption due to COVID-19 which was completely unexpected on our part.
Several clients have offered to make a donation to help us with ongoing business costs that our insurance won’t cover, so we’ve added this to the payment options. We are extremely grateful to everyone who chooses to make a donation to help us get through this difficult time.
How do I book a class?
We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to provide your favourite classes straight to your mobile, tablet or laptop.
Although these may be services you haven’t used before, we have detailed step-by-step instructions to help you set things up. There may be a few teething problems the first time you use them but we are here to help answer any of your questions.
- Sign into your MINDBODY account (the system you use to book classes), select ‘My Info’ and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive all emails from us by ticking the boxes. (You can untick these email boxes at any time if you no longer want to take part in online classes.)
- If you’ve had weekly email confirmations about your classes for sessions you’ve booked in the past, that means we have your correct email address. If you have never received our email, please text your teacher or email email@example.com with your correct email address.
- Set your email account so that messages from “firstname.lastname@example.org” always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here’s a guide for how to do this if you have a Gmail account.
- View the new online class timetable the same way you always do.
- Sign up for any class with “ONLINE LIVE STREAM” in the name and check out normally. You’ll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
- Please use online banking to make a payment for the class as detailed under ‘How do payments work?’ and ‘What reference do I use when making an online payment?’
- Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream. Not seeing the email? Search your spam and promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase “live-stream link”.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Click the unique link in your email a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
- If you have the Zoom application already on your phone, tablet or laptop, you’ll join immediately.
- If you don’t have the Zoom application yet, you’ll be prompted to download it. Once you have, simply follow the steps to use it.
I have another question
Please email email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
For being part of our community, we look forward to seeing you in (virtual) class soon!
The Core Team: Slim, Judy, Helen, Sue, Maria, Marta, Nate and Carol.